Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: eh
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:58 pm 
Information Mine

imbroke wrote:
if they have our names and address,they should have our account details,so why do we have to fill anything in :? IS IT JUST TO DRAG IT OUT LONGER :?

No they are not trying to drag it out any longer, many people have still NOT submitted a claim and when Suzy and I went to Farepak last week we went into the office where all the claims are and there is NO-WHERE near the amount for those we know have been affected.

So what the administrators are doing is contacting ALL the agents they have on file regardless of whether they submitted a claim so they can submit all their customer details and they know then they have the correct details and the amount of customers so that NO-ONE misses out.

They have also been to court to get an extension on this process to give everyone the opportunity to claim.

Everyone on this site may have submitted their claim and have full knowledge of what is going on - but please remember not all customers are aware of this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:14 pm 
Miner of Info

My calculation and their calculation of my commission is different.Mine,surprisingly,is greater. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:38 pm 
Digger of Info

thanks Kez_s that makes me feel better about not getting mine today will hang fire untill the 1st I guess along with everyone else I think I am worrying about them missing me out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:44 pm 
Information Mine

maggielaura wrote:
thanks Kez_s that makes me feel better about not getting mine today will hang fire untill the 1st I guess along with everyone else I think I am worrying about them missing me out

No problem - I wouldn't worry too much, in the unlikely event you had been missed out they will be able to sort it for you, this is part of the reason of doing this to make sure no-one is missed :)

Post subject: the commission
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:00 pm 
Miner of Info

THE COMMISSION :lol: WHATS HAPPENING WITH THAT,I HAVE SENT A COPY OF MY LAST LETTER WITH THE CLAIM FORM SO WE WILL SEE :lol:

Post subject: Commission
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:31 pm 
Information Mine

Remember you are to claim for your commission as it said on the Farepak website. I included a list of the commission details on the previous page, I think. See note (v) on the reverse....Please sign and return the form, with a copy of any commission agreement,....

Anyway, it is JUST THE COMMISSION WE ARE GETTING BACK, NOT OUR MONEY BACK, DON'T YOU THINK!!! Yes, what a great Christmas savings scheme, put in a £ and get 4 or 5p back. How many people can't wait to sign up for next year. Remember the name is HOME FARM HAMPERS! Just wish I was an entrepreneur who could have thought of this one first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:34 pm 
Digger of Info

I haven't got my forms yet.. I'll wait a couple of days to see if they arrive.
I sent a claim form myself with copies of all my documentation in October . I know I'm THICK but I'm thinking if I send this claim form back aswell then they are going to get inundated with duplicate claims from people like me...
Should I leave it or send it anyway incase they didn't get the original..

Nice answers only please as I get enough abuse at home about being THICK....

Post subject: Reply to Lynda123
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:48 pm 
Information Mine

This is your official claim form, the other one was really only to assess the extent of the damage that Farepak had blundered everyone into. You need to send basically everything that you have to show that you are a creditor. Remember if you don't send it how will they know. However, I' m only sending two statements and payment summaries as all the details are on there, plus my last statement from the website. All copies of course. I am always getting called thick as I have no common sense, my husband has that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:56 pm 
Digger of Info

Thanks for that..
I'll send what I've got and see what happens....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:31 pm 
Fact Finder

can you tell me if all my customers have to fill out the forms or can I claim for all of them as they are all family and said it would be easyer for me to claim it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:40 pm 
Fact Finder

what is going on about the commison I would rather get the money I payed in than the commison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:13 pm 
Information Mine

What I did was customers losses and plus my losses equals to the figures money paid in PLUS the commision.

They cant pay you commission if there are busted. :?: :twisted:

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:23 pm 
Information Mine

Sorry, Sidmisty under the rules of the game, unfortunately you opted for commission. Money/vouchers would have been nice but we all copied your choice!

Robnick, you are probably right they can't pay you commission but in the grand scheme of things they had our money since Jan interest free so they better had pay up. Anyway don't threat it really won't affect the amount we really get. You probably will only see a few extra pence and if some people have already been successful in their claims it is tuppence extra to you and me! You don't want to seem ungrateful do you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:37 pm 
Information Mine

true however thing about this isnt the commission a form of interest on the money we paid in????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:51 pm 
Information Mine

i got mine today not had a proper look at them yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next