Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Today in Parliament
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:44 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Tracey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 pm 
Site Admin

Well said Ed Davy =D> =D> =D> =D> he is 100% CORRECT - great that an MP can get something right :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

my email to Mike Weir MP to which I have received no response :shock:

Dear Mr Weir

I have read today the various articles calling for the government to step in and speed up the compensation process for Farepak creditors.

I am the National Campaign Co-ordinator of Unfairpak and I also sit on the liquidators committee representing the customers.

Farepak was and is a complex administration/liquidation. When the administrators first went into Farepak the Directors had not even left a complete database and this was their first job which was huge. The administrators had to compile a database of every single customer and the exact amount which they had paid into Farepak.

Furthermore, the Directors had attempted in the last few days prior to administration to set up a Trust. They did not do this correctly and this resulted in legal action to ascertain who the money actually belonged to.

I could go on and on with various other stumbling blocks which the administrators (now liquidators) faced.

I have sat on the administration committee, now liquidation committee since the very beginning and I can assure you that BDO are working hard to bring this debacle to an end. BDO are instructed by us, the liquidation committee and we instruct them based upon evidence they present. Having been a solicitor yourself, you will more than likely understand the process. We dealt with the Directors issue but were presented with further evidence relating to 3rd parties which we just could not ignore. I am sure you will agree that if there is the possibility of further parties being culpable, this must be examined fully in order that we achieve the best result possible for the creditors of Farepak.

It is not easy to sit on a committee and make such difficult decisions on behalf of so many people. I was an Agent and one of my customers has died since Farepak went into administration/liquidation. What I can assure you is that I and I firmly believe my fellow colleagues on the committee, stand by the decisions that we have made 100% and firmly believe that we have instructed BDO correctly.

It saddens me to see such negative media coverage as Farepak is such an emotive subject. I have dedicated 5 years of my life to Farepak and getting justice for creditors. I can assure you that if it could have been wound up quicker then it would have but the evidence we have just simply cannot be ignored.

I hope this email helps explain a few matters to you. I cannot discuss the 3rd parties as I am subject to a confidentiality agreement and I would not wish to prejudice any court case to follow hereon which again, as a former solicitor, I am sure you will understand.

Yours sincerely

Suzy Hall
National Campaign Co-Ordinator Unfairpak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for keeping us up to date Suzy. x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:53 pm 
Information Mine

Have you heard back from him Suzy?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Actually I have not, quelle surprise :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:07 pm 
Fact Finder

good letter to him. not really surprised hes not got back to you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

It is actually rather rude of him to be honest. I took the time out to email him and explain details fully but I guess he perhaps did not like the fact that I pointed out he was a solicitor and therefore well aware of insolvency laws :roll: