Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: welcome tracy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:33 am 
Information Mine

welcome to the forum,sorry about your loss ,you are in good company.any questions just post them people will be glad to help :D :D :D

Post subject: EX-FAREPAK CUSTOMER
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:30 am 
Sniffing around

Hi
I have been reading some of the letters posted on this site, and my situation is nothing compared to some of these people with young and very young children....
I have lost £1500 in vouchers, which me and my husband who is (disabled) struggled each and every month to pay Farepaks so that we could have a great christmas.
I'm lucky in one sense as my 2 children are older 15 & 18 year old boys...
On the news this morning we heard that Sainsbury are going to help some Farepaks customers by giving them vouchers for xmas, as anyone else heard about this?????
I think this is disgraceful about what as happened, and i won't hold my breath about getting any money back. I feel this money was stolen from us as they new back in July what was happening yet still took everyones money..
I FEEL TONY BLAIR AND THE LABOUR GOVERNMENT SHOULD STEP IN....
Many thanks for reading my letter... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi and welcome Jean, sorry you too have been affected by this fiasco, You have come to the right place, today is one of our success days hence more activity, their has been a lot happening this morning, which you will be able to catch up on while reading the forum, however the debate in westminster, retailers standing up to be counted, park hampers and lots more all of which is good news, all of this will help answer some questions for you, i know you will be busy with this but could you also sign the petition- HBoS as well for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:13 pm 
Miner of Info

Hi all,

Sorry this is long...

Thanks so much for setting up this website it's great to know we finally might be getting somewhere with protesting and l'm sure alot has to do with you bringing us all together :D

I'm an agent for F*****k and have been for several years, this year l have lost £350 - with my customers money our loss totals £4,000

I'm SO gutted about this and as an agent somehow feel responsible, even though l actually never asked anyone to join but they found out l was doing it and asked for a brochure... Then every year those people have spoken to others and here we are 14 of us all upset and furious over this. :twisted:

Now, l have to sort all this out and what worse is that l have had our first baby 10 weeks ago after 6 years of trying :D but our first Christmas as a family has been somewhat ruined by those b*stards.

I'm stunned to read what l have here, that Park wanted to take F*****k over guaranteeing our orders but HBoS vetoed it thus landing us in the shite (don't want to dent their £3+billion profits? :twisted: ), that no orders for vouchers had in fact been placed (wtf !!!) and worst of all that we have NO comeback whatsoever! I'm not stupid l'm a company director but l never realised hamper companies are not regulated, nor that F*****ks shares were suspended or Argos & others didn't want F*****k selling their vouchers.... WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL US???

btw what about in the same news bulletins today M&S announced HUGE profits they ought ot honour F******k customers voucher orders. Course they won't though. Greedy cretins :twisted:

Sarah

p.s Jean how can you say your situation is nothing compared to some? you lost £1500 you poor soul. I'd be beside myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:17 pm 
Sniffing around

:? hi everyone I joined the site today.

I was an agent in Bolton and have been for about 15 years. Like the rest of you I am gutted.

As fate would have it this year was one of the smallest orders I have ever placed it was only for voucheers and it was for £1200 in total.

Today I have sent a personal email to the Chair of the HITA suggesting that he might like to donate the £100K which was lodged with them by Farepak to the new Fund!!! we shall see

I am in Bolton in the North West I have contacted my MP and signed the petition, spoken to my local Press, GMTV and Watchdog.

If you need me to support anything pm me please

Debbie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:25 pm 
Information Mine

Hello to all the new members.

All our losses whether big or small are significant. It IS our money & we want it back.

In case some of you new members don't know about it - Suzy has set up a petition that she'll be sending to HBOS via Snail Mail & Email.

Please, if you haven't already, sign it & send the link to all your friends & family & ask them to do the same.

We've hit the 1000 mark - but we really want to give HBOS something with a punch! Let's get as many signatures as possible!!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/unfairpak/index.html

Post subject: welcome to the forums
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:05 am 
Sniffing around

:twisted:

hi new to this site firstly thank you and well done i would not of known half of what was going on, until heard about you lot.
i was angent of 15 years this year normally hold a customer base but this only 10 .we have lost a total of £1555.00 this would have been a lot worse but i transfered over a lot of customers to park otherwise it would of been a lot worse in excess of £7500.00 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi I was told about this site a couple of days ago and have just found time to register. I lost only £220 - a drop in the ocean to some of you, but I am on here as much for my mum as well. She is my agent and in total lost over £1400. She is a pensioner and I think she personally lost £500. She is gutted, she was even crying today about it. Luckily all her customers were really good. We have had a piece in our local paper, and she told Trading Standards about the collapse on the Monday morning after finding a tiny piece in the Sunday Paper.

Like everyone else it's ruined all of our xmas's. my money was to help pay for presents for our 3 children, and also for my son's Birthday which is Xmas Eve. It would have mean't that their main presents were sorted. To top it all my son whos birthday is at Xmas has just been diagnosed with a severe wheat allergy, so he can't have anything with wheat in so our Xmas has just got more expensive.

Well off to browse the boards but a huge well done and thank you to those for setting this up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:39 pm 
Sniffing around

I was an agent for just a small number of family and friends and together we lost £2000.00 although this isn't a massive amount of money and not as much as some individuals saved but it was hard earned cash!! I would like to thank everyone who is helping to maintain this site and keep this debacle in the public eye, it is really the only source of information we, the consumers, have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

I just want to say hello to all our new members. Sorry I and probably the rest of the mods cant say hello individually the site has went crazy - which is all good!

Can I just say everyone has a story - everyone has lost something - please dont think your story is less significant than anyone else's. We have been deceived by through no fault of our own but we are standing up and saying "this is wrong - we want recompense"!!

I am confident we shall get it.

Suzy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:58 pm 
Sniffing around

I am relitively new to this site and i am amazed at the help and support here, well done all of you for sticking together on this!... Myself and my sisters have lost £1,200 through this and what makes me so angry is that i have read in the press, seen on tv etc that trouble was indicated way back earlier in the year... I didn't order our vouchers til June i done it via email i could't remember my pin number so i emailed them asking them to send me my pin number so i could order... Farepak rang me a few days later to say they had placed my order for me.. I am angry that if they knew then about possible trouble why accept orders..

I just hope that with all the offers of help in the news these last few days does ammount to something, anything is better than we have now.

Thanks for this great site :)

Denise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:41 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and just want to say thank you. I was an agent for Farepak and had been for over 10 years. My whole family have lost vouchers, hampers and gifts because of what's happened. My mother, aunties, cousins, all of their children, my brother & sister in law and their children, it's just awful and in my opinion theft on a grand scale. These people should be prosecuted and made to look all of our children in the eye and apologise for spoiling their christmas.

Post subject: Farepak
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:30 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi all,
I too have been an agent/victim for farepak for over ten years bringing in to them an annual income of £2-£3,000, This year I lost £2600 as an agent and £740 for my own x mas. What I want to know is did the new super duper "bonusbond" voucher they changed last year ever exist???? Has anyone actually seen this voucher????? Thinking about it now(Hindsight being a wonderful thing) I never received a catalogue in the summer for x-mas 2007. Did anyone????? we should have had next years brochure in the summer but I got married and what with the wedding plans ect I never realised I didn't receive one till a few weeks ago. Did anyone receive a 2007 brochure???? These are all questions we need answers too. Just like everyone else I am furious about the whole situation. And a big THANK YOU to the person who set up this site - I only heard about it today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:40 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi Karen

I have seen and used Bonusbond vouchers before through a different scheme, but don't know if they were the same ones as Farepak were advertising as I can't remeber what they looked like in the brochure. If anyone has a pic maybe they can post it and I can then give a definate yes or no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:31 pm 
Sniffing around

hi i have just found this forum and i thank you for the information on it. I have have lost £350 with farepak my daughter has only lost £50 but worse of all my m8 a single mum of two has lost £1,300. But its enough to ruin mine and my m8s christmas as both of us now have to go into DEBT to have any sort of christmas. Which im sure will effect next christmas as well as we will prob still be paying of the debt still. I cant take in the fact that this was going on so long and nobody was told The company was in trouble. which only makes me wonder if this was to make shure the investers were to get back as much money as they could.
who knows if this is so. we will prob never know but it just makes me sick to think that we are at the bottom of the food or money chain or whatever it is. us the least able to stand any loss left to pick up the scraps. I wonder how many of the fairpak managers and investers ect will have to look there children in the eyes and tell them why there will be no christmas this year. i say well done to the buisneses that are putting into the fund i know were i will be shoping next year. :( [/b]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next