Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

I think a voting system would probably be the best way forward.

There are so many consumer issues which are "glossed" over as you say David and do not get given the support - action that is required.

P.Doff you are 100% correct in stating it would be difficult to choose the "correct" campaign but with some careful thinking/planning I am sure we could all serve a very good purpose to the people of the UK.

I agree that Farepak has to come first but as P.Doff stated we are going to reach a point where we can do nothing more and in all honesty I believe that point is almost there - it is in the hand of the "professionals" now so to speak.

I still think that HBOS should not be allowed to get away scot free over the christmas savings scheme but that is not a campaign as such just another "Look at this Bank people of the UK do you think they have morals"? We should almost certainly put out our feelings regarding that.

I personally think it is time to perhaps start looking at other issues and like P.Doff says we can set up new areas of the Forum as and when required :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:19 pm 
Information Mine

well said suzy =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:48 pm 
Information Mine

I agree with many of the things said on this thread and also accept that there are many issues that we could take up and run with. The only concern I have is that most of us have shared a common experience that is Farepak.

Farepak is the glue that has held us all together, if we diversify will the cohesion that has held us all together break down. On the other hand it would be sad to see the forum slowly fade away and die. So at this time I am not at all certain myself where our future direction should take us. I think it will require some careful consideration. With the better weather and holidays approaching I am sure activity on the forum will slowly fade without some injection of life from some source or motivation.

Or perhaps we should fold up the forum some time at a given future date while we are on a high, just one of the other senarios.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:15 am 
Site Admin

I personally agree that the forum may become quieter John.

However i do feel that we should be looking firstly at issue's that we have come across during our present fight and have affected some or all of us
We have a great community here, started by a common bond, i think it would be a shame to allow that to fade, I think with the comittment of each of us we can use that bond as a foundation to fight for what we believe in, but that is up to each and everyone of us to decide. If we allow what we have to fade or we continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:52 am 
Information Mine

Hi Sharon

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering do we have any stats for the numbers of hits on the site. We all know the rugular contributors ( which are relatively low ) but are there many more people out there who still visit the site and this would help to determine a wee bit how we move forward. If the numbers are low how do we encourage others to join to what some may see as an Unfairpak site only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:13 am 
Site Admin

Hi John, Thanks!
Yes Suzy and I are looking into this and a couple of other things, but we are waiting for Paul to get back to us regarding this one, as soon as we have some more info mate, we will let you know.

Great minds think alike :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:15 am 
Information Mine

I think that most of us are in agreement with this :) lets find a cause and kick some butt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:48 pm 
Information Mine

Maybe a Slight forum name change may help.

Unfairpak forum - how Farepak stole Christmas and Unfairpak helped to ease the pressure. If you have a comsumer prolbem post to see if we can kelp.

I feel no matter what direction we take, the bond of friendship we share will always be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:46 pm 
Information Mine

personally, im starting a campaign to get "hot potato" by the wiggles, as the new national anthem. I appreciate this may not be top of everyones list, but hey ho, every journey starts with one small step. :D :D :D

there is not much more we can do at the moment, but id like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for broadening my horizons on certain subjects, and for the hard work you all did to stick it to the corporate shysters. Heres hoping they get a kick up the backside from the people who represent us.

I'm still a bit mad, 6 months on! curse you willie,clive and nick! :evil: :evil: :evil:

just a bit though :wink: not good for the soul to be mad for too long. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:40 pm 
Information Mine

How about changing the name of the Forum to just Unfair.co.uk.

If Spongebob thinks it is Unfair that " hot potatoes" by the Wiggles is not the national anthem then that is as good an unfair topic as any other.

Anyone else got an unfair topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:43 pm 
Information Mine

its not unfair , it would just make ceremonies a lot more fun. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:27 am 
Site Admin

Have to admitt, i am not so sure changing our name is a good idea at present. (sorry)

The way i am looking at it is. We as Unfairpak have made a stand, for what we believe in, everyone is familiar with the name, media, Mp's etc, we have our "brand" if you like, those who are familar with our name know what we have achieved and we are willing to shout as loud as we need too and we dont give up - all in my opinion positives which we should hold on too.
Although i can see the other side to this also.
I personnally think if we are going to campaign for other things, we maybe wiser to add to the unfairpak name rather than change it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:04 am 
Site Admin

[quote="spongebob"]personally, im starting a campaign to get "hot potato" by the wiggles, as the new national anthem. I appreciate this may not be top of everyones list, but hey ho, every journey starts with one small step. :D :D :D

[quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: either "hot potato" or "big red car" would do for me bob - geez i lurve those Wiggles :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:07 am 
Site Admin

I don't think we should change Unfairpak's name at all. It is a "brand" name and very well know - goodness only knows how many times it will come up in google now and is known by all media throughout the UK so nope I say keep the name the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:15 am 
Information Mine

I agree the name must remain, Brand names are precios these days, and ours stands for Justise for the little people.