Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:20 am 
Site Admin

"The action against the Directors of Farepak has been settled and I have no further comments to make in that regard. However, the liquidation committee, of which I form a part, will be meeting with the liquidators in order to decide what further steps shall now be taken following upon their investigation into Farepak's demise. This liquidation is by no means cut and dried and does not necessarily end here".

Suzy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Suzy!

It aint over till the fat lady sings :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 pm 
Information Mine

lol sharon :lol:

thx suzy x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:52 pm 
Information Mine

thanks Suzy x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:19 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks for that info Suzy, at least we are another step forward in the process (or perhaps not). Look forward to more info in the not too distant future, as and when it can be released.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks Suzy. I know in all of us we Trust you to so the right thing for us all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:19 pm 
Information Mine

Delighted to see progress at long last!

And more to come, it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:11 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks Suzy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:55 pm 
Information Mine

Hello

I have read this website since Farepak stole our money in 2006. I was an agent of Farepak and had 15 customers and we are all completely disgusted at this news that the directors have got away with stealing our money and only paying 4 million pounds. Where is the justice in that? I am not blaming this forum and the people on it or Suzy and the other woman who are on the committee but since this news came out my customers and I have been talking about this and we all agree that it smells very fishy. There is something not right about this whole shameful mess. What is it David Cameron says that we are all in this together - well me and my customers think that there are a whole lot of people all in this together and shafting the customers again just like the Farepak directors did.

It absolutely stinks. Look at the fees BDO are making - is that right? They said no comment on legal action which is okay and I think it was basically accepted because if you are going to court you do not want to damage court proceedings but where is the transparency in Farepak? THERE IS NONE :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I am a tax payer who is propping up HBOS the bank that played a part in this where are the answers to what they did? My customers are tax payers so for the record to the media who call us poor and say we have no bank accounts take note of my feelings here!!!!!!!! I have a good job and have worked hard for years. My customers and myself enjoyed that way of saving for Christmas it was our choice!!!! Actually we are all saving with Variety christmas now and they are brilliant are we to be judged for the way we save??????

Answers need to be given. This is a complete joke which is not in the slightest bit funny!

I think it was Victim who highlighted on this site that the directors are not going to be on the breadline because of this where is the justice in that - they should be in jail for theft!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:24 pm 
Information Mine

Angry Agent - you have some support.

Libby Purves in the Times today:

Once again the little Farepak guys have been shafted
The golden rule is that, if anyone suffers, it mustn’t be the board

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 108875.ece

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 pm 
Information Mine

Angry Agent
You have every right to be angry. Even though I didn't lose anything (I used to work at Farepak but I wasn't a customer), I am still angry that something like this could happen.

By not having to admit liability, the directors are free to carry on working for other companies. William Rollason is a non-executive director of Jessops plc which is now also in liquidation (althought, thankfully, the shops have been sold off).

Many, many people have been affected by this. There were hundreds of employees in the group who were made redundant, the courier company, Amtrak, went into receivership as a direct result and even Woolworths partly blame the collapse of Farepak for their demise. There were also the shareholders who lost their investments and one of the largest groups of shareholders were the pension companies who invest money to provide pensions for you and me.

One of the reasons for this forum is to fight for justice. So stay with us, we are listening.

Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks for the link concerned.

I am sorry you had the misfortune of working for robbing thieves Zoe but glad you hear you did not lose money. A friend of mine said that Jessops had went into liquidation but I did not know Rollason was involved it makes me even sicker to hear that. What I and my customers have to say is stuff the 15 pence in the pound and get those lying cheating thieving scumbags into court why should we be shafted AGAIN !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Can I just say hi and welcome to Unfairpak Angry Agent. Unfortunately there is nothing much that I can say to ease the anger you and your friends are feeling at present and please accept my apologises for that. Thanks for saying you do not blame myself or Linda (she is the other one on liquidation committee). I cannot discuss anything in that regard as I am bound by a Confidentiality Agreement but believe me when I say, I am listening to every word you say.

Please stick around as you will find an awful lot of support here.

Best wishes
Suzy

P.S. Can I also just add that it is great to see that you have chosen to save with Variety Christmas Savings Limited and I am very glad you are happy with your service :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:51 pm 
Information Mine

Thank you Suzy. Variety are fantastic and we are very happy saving with them.

I did mean it when I said we do not blame you or Linda thanks for reminding me of her name. We just feel totally shafted not once, or twice but over and over again. There are still no answers. There is no transparency. I understand that you have to keep things confidential but really we the customers deserve answers and we want answers. It is like Zoe saying Rollason can work for other companys how the hell can that be right? Obviously BDO took legal action against the direcotrs as they had to have been trading Farepak when it was insolvent it does not take a genius to work that one out. Everyone on this forum seems to have thought that from the very start and in 2006 were saying why did Farepak even operate that year! As for propping up HBOS as a tax payer I am absolutely fuming as are my customers what was their role in this shambles? Look at BDOs fees they are extortionate and for what to drop a legal action against thieves who do not admit they stole our money. My customers and myself and probably the rest of Farepak customers want those answers and we deserve them and you and Linda should not be made to keep things confidential that is not transparency - what is with the big secret - who is worried about what will get out - what is it we dont know?????????????? I know you cannot answer but I am sure you can understand that we are allowed to have these questions and we should be allowed to have the answers and I honestly do not mean that as an attack against you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to Unfairpak AngryAgent.
As Suzy says please stick around, I think we all feel the same in regard to the Directors, we need answers, we want the truth and justice. That's the least we deserve!!!
As far as I am concerned they can stick their 15p where the sun don't shine :D