Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Donna In all honesty I can't say for definite, at a guess I would say not due to the volume of queries BDO are having to deal with, taking into count they are mindful of costs also. If I am wrong Suzy will post and let you know.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

If you are concerned Donna I would call 08003283791 just to check you are on database. I should imagine you are but for peace of mind, they will confirm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 pm 
Sniffing around

Thanks for that - I'll give them a call tomorrow x :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

no worries :-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:19 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi,
as we have had no word from our Agent relating to Farepak, I have written to the administators with details of two people, plus photocopys of their payment cards. As to an article in the Daily Mirror saying, customers will now have until August 7th to
make their claims. Is there anything more I can do? apart from wait and see.

Mike.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

slessbrass wrote:
Hi,
as we have had no word from our Agent relating to Farepak, I have written to the administators with details of two people, plus photocopys of their payment cards. As to an article in the Daily Mirror saying, customers will now have until August 7th to
make their claims. Is there anything more I can do? apart from wait and see.

Mike.

If you are concerned I would phone 08003283791 Mike, just to make sure you are on database.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:11 pm 
Sniffing around

hi wondering if you can help My sister was an agent for farepak when it went into liquidation She did receive updates about what was happening but recently has not receied anything The first we heard about the payout was on the radio recently I was one of her clients also and lost quite a bit Will we still get this refunded I am worried that as she has not received any recent communication that we may lose out

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

shirls65 wrote:
hi wondering if you can help My sister was an agent for farepak when it went into liquidation She did receive updates about what was happening but recently has not receied anything The first we heard about the payout was on the radio recently I was one of her clients also and lost quite a bit Will we still get this refunded I am worried that as she has not received any recent communication that we may lose out

Telephone this number and check 08003283791

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am 
Sniffing around

hi all i,m new to forum. was told by my sisters about recent press info about maybe getting some compensation money back from loss of vouchers. is this true? if so when and how do we claim ? my 2 sisters also lost vouchers too. we were with the same agent. but havent had any contact from her recently. we all put in a claim with the administrators at the beginning.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Hi Debra

So long as your Agent or yourselves put in a claim in 2006, you will receive the final dividend of 32 pence in the £.

Have any of you moved address? Have any of you changed name? Lastly, has any customer sadly died?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions, you need to notify the Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited in Liquidation, PO Box 3404, Swindon SN2 9EQ.

Suzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi

I am an agent and have received the annual statements from the bankruptcy people. Neither myself or my customers received any vouchers in 2006 during the distribution.

Do I need to re-register with the trustee? or will I and my customers receive the money next month :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

manyfish wrote:
Hi

I am an agent and have received the annual statements from the bankruptcy people. Neither myself or my customers received any vouchers in 2006 during the distribution.

Do I need to re-register with the trustee? or will I and my customers receive the money next month :oops:

No you do not need to re-register. However, if you have changed address or if any of your customers have changed address you (or your customer if they have changed) need to write to the Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - in Liquidation PO BOX 3404 Swindon SN2 9EQ.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi, I have only just become aware of the compensation claim and deadline date and i'm a little worried I am too late do anything.
I have fished out all my Farepak paperwork and have copies of the 'proof of dept/claim forms' from all my customers and my 'agent control form' which i posted a few years ago.
What do i need to do now, do i have to send anything off? who do i get in contact with?
Hope you can help :?

Yours Dustycat :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:30 pm 
Site Admin

dustycat wrote:
Hi, I have only just become aware of the compensation claim and deadline date and i'm a little worried I am too late do anything.
I have fished out all my Farepak paperwork and have copies of the 'proof of dept/claim forms' from all my customers and my 'agent control form' which i posted a few years ago.
What do i need to do now, do i have to send anything off? who do i get in contact with?
Hope you can help :?

Yours Dustycat :)

It sounds as though you registered a claim on behalf of yourself and your customers - is that what you mean with your proof of debt/claim forms etc? Do you remember registering a claim in 2006/07? If you have not registered a claim call this number 08003283791 tomorrow.

If you have registered a claim all you need to be concerned about is whether you have changed address since 2006. If you have changed address you need to write to the Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - in Liquidation, PO Box 3404 Swindon SN2 9EQ. Provide them with your old and new address. If any of your customers have changed address then they must write a letter with old and new address to the Claims Management Team.

If anyone has changed name since 2006 ie got married then a PHOTOCOPY of the marriage certificate must be sent to Claims Management Team at address above and sadly, if anyone has died then a PHOTOCOPY of the death certificate must be sent to the Claims Management Team.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

for all new members, if you are on twitter follow me @scotsgirlie for regular updates re Farepak and our new Campaign against HBOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next