Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:09 pm 
Sniffing around

suzy wrote:
dustycat wrote:
Hi, I have only just become aware of the compensation claim and deadline date and i'm a little worried I am too late do anything.
I have fished out all my Farepak paperwork and have copies of the 'proof of dept/claim forms' from all my customers and my 'agent control form' which i posted a few years ago.
What do i need to do now, do i have to send anything off? who do i get in contact with?
Hope you can help :?

Yours Dustycat :)

It sounds as though you registered a claim on behalf of yourself and your customers - is that what you mean with your proof of debt/claim forms etc? Do you remember registering a claim in 2006/07? If you have not registered a claim call this number 08003283791 tomorrow.

If you have registered a claim all you need to be concerned about is whether you have changed address since 2006. If you have changed address you need to write to the Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - in Liquidation, PO Box 3404 Swindon SN2 9EQ. Provide them with your old and new address. If any of your customers have changed address then they must write a letter with old and new address to the Claims Management Team.

If anyone has changed name since 2006 ie got married then a PHOTOCOPY of the marriage certificate must be sent to Claims Management Team at address above and sadly, if anyone has died then a PHOTOCOPY of the death certificate must be sent to the Claims Management Team.

Hope this helps.

I don't remember registering a claim only sending off these forms. I will phone the number you gave me tomorrow though to find out.

Many thanks for your help

yours Dustycat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

No worries, best to be safe than sorry - just give them a call and they will confirm :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:19 pm 
Information Mine

hi suzy, got somebody here who has just seen the sunday post and is in a flap! she is an agent who recievd and distibuted the charity vouchers last time. does she need to claim again or will she be automatically on the system?
i really should know the answer to this lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

spongebob wrote:
hi suzy, got somebody here who has just seen the sunday post and is in a flap! she is an agent who recievd and distibuted the charity vouchers last time. does she need to claim again or will she be automatically on the system?
i really should know the answer to this lol

She'll be on system Bob. If any of her customers have changed address than that must be notified in writing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi i have just registered and not sure how i go about checking that myself and my customers are all going to get some money back. I used to get letters telling me about the liqidation but i havent had anything recently.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

heather wrote:
Hi i have just registered and not sure how i go about checking that myself and my customers are all going to get some money back. I used to get letters telling me about the liqidation but i havent had anything recently.

Call 08003283791 and make sure you are on database :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:08 pm 
Sniffing around

Just wondering if anyone had any idea of when payments would be coming to the claimants? Not too sound greedy or impatient :oops: thank you

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

cheques will start being printed within the next 3 to 4 weeks Tracey. Should start arriving middle October x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 pm 
Sniffing around

thank you for the reply, puts my mind at rest :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

no worries :) x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:45 pm 
Sniffing around

Hi, I have only just joined this unfairpak forum, I was looking for some information and I found it by chance, so here goes. I was an agent of Farepak and had been for a couple of years prior to the collapse, my query is I never received any vouchers to distribute to my customers or myself, only a couple of crappy food hamper's, which we gave to a local charity. So my question is will I get vouchers as well as the cheque.
I registered my claim with the liquidation company as soon as it was announced, I photo-copied all my orders and my customers payment cards and sent them off, so why did we not receive any vouchers?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 pm 
Information Mine

sandra68 wrote:
I registered my claim with the liquidation company as soon as it was announced, I photo-copied all my orders and my customers payment cards and sent them off, so why did we not receive any vouchers?

Sandra, I would also like to know that answer to that question.

Can I ask how much you lost and how many customers you had? :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

sandra68 wrote:
Hi, I have only just joined this unfairpak forum, I was looking for some information and I found it by chance, so here goes. I was an agent of Farepak and had been for a couple of years prior to the collapse, my query is I never received any vouchers to distribute to my customers or myself, only a couple of crappy food hamper's, which we gave to a local charity. So my question is will I get vouchers as well as the cheque.

It's extremely strange that you did not receive vouchers but received the hampers as that meant you were obviously on the database. Approximately £20k of vouchers were returned unsigned for and I am making a guess that perhaps you were not in and the post man may not have left a card and your vouchers may have been in that £20k that was returned. I am purely stating that as you did receive hampers.

In answer to your question, no you will not receive vouchers. The charity only ran for a few months and was then wound up as it was no longer required. What you will receive is 32 p in every £ that you saved with Farepak.

I am sorry you did not receive vouchers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Update: dividend is now 35p in the £

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:55 am 
Sniffing around

first of all a big thankyou for all your hard work over the last 6 years.

I just have one question, my claim was for £1000, I did recieve the vouchers that were sent out in 2006, but have no idea how many i received now. My cheque arrived yesterday for the value of £311.97, but a previous post says i should have recieved £356, is the difference made up of the vouchers we recieved or should i return the cheque i have and put in a query.

to be honest i was happy to receice the ammount I did as I had given up on it all really, but for my friends that have been so understanding over the last 6 years about their lost money I don't want to short change them.

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next