Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:00 am 
Sniffing around

Hi Guys

Just wondering if someone can help. Obvisously a bit of a long shot but I paid quite a lot of money to an agent named Hillary who had numerous customers in the Savoy Centre in Glasgow.

However, no one seems to recall her surname.

I have called unfarepak and they have informed me that unless I get her surname I cannot make a claim and also that she has not done so on my behalf.

She would have had other customers so heres hoping someone on her will be able to help :(

Thanks very much!!

x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

If anyone can help then I am sure they will. It was me you spoke to on the phone and unfortunately because you don't have your Agent's surname the Claims Management Team cannot find out whether or not she has submitted a claim.

I would suggest, as I did on phone, trying to contact as many customers as you can, to see if you can ascertain her surname.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help. All Agents registered claims on behalf of customers and as your details are not on database, she obviously did not register claim for you :( it makes me think that perhaps she did not register claim at all :(

Suzy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm 
Sniffing around

suzy wrote:
If anyone can help then I am sure they will. It was me you spoke to on the phone and unfortunately because you don't have your Agent's surname the Claims Management Team cannot find out whether or not she has submitted a claim.

I would suggest, as I did on phone, trying to contact as many customers as you can, to see if you can ascertain her surname.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help. All Agents registered claims on behalf of customers and as your details are not on database, she obviously did not register claim for you :( it makes me think that perhaps she did not register claim at all :(

Suzy

I had already contacted all her customers which I was aware of but still nothing.

I just don't understand why it would be up to the agent to make a claim on my behalf.

Any company taking money from customers would surely have the customers details so I'm confused as to how you can't look at these?

My agent could be married, or worse dead so hard to trace I'd say.

I've had provident loans with agents but provident still have my details. Regardless of which agent I used.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

It's not us that looks at records Berta. We are just the campaign group.

When Farepak went into administration BDO were appointed as administrators. There was a very "raw" database which only had Agent's names on it - no customers whatsoever.

What BDO did was set about creating a factual database. That meant contacting every single Agent on the "raw" database and asking them to complete claim forms for themselves and their customers. There were NO customers at all on the database so BDO relied on Agents to do this for them. It was the Directors of Farepak who did not keep an up to date database.

If your name is not on the database, which I understand is correct as I have spoken to you, then your Agent has obviously not claimed on your behalf.

There are Agents who did not claim at all thinking that they would never see a penny back. At the time there was so much in the media urging Agents to claim but we know that all Agents did not claim.

The only way that you and your Agent's other customers can be helped is to find out her surname as she "should" be on the database. She might not be on the database however as it was a very "raw" database.

Do any of the customers have any paperwork left? I realise it is almost 6 years ago but perhaps if you all had a check around and see if you could find anything?

I cannot think of any other way to help you as as I have set out above - this was the only way BDO could create a database with the help of Agents :(

Suzy