[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas • View topic - PROBABLY LAST FAREPAK WEBSITE UPDATE 18 OCTOBER 2012

Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:29 pm 
Site Admin

Updated 18 October 2012

Martha H Thompson and Dermot Power of BDO LLP, Kings Wharf, 20-30 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3EX were appointed Joint Liquidators of Farepak on 4 October 2007.

This follows the appointment of Martha H Thompson and Shagun Dubey of BDO LLP, Kings Wharf, 20-30 Kings Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 3EX as Joint Administrators over the assets and business of Farepak on 13 October 2006.

Dividend Payment to Creditors, Including Customers and Agents

Dividend cheques have now been issued and creditors, including agents and customers, will now begin receiving cheques through the post.

Further information about the Dividend Payment

When Farepak collapsed, there was no money in its bank account to pay to its creditors, which includes agents and customers.

As ordered by the Court and approved by Farepak’s creditors, including agents and customers, a Liquidation Committee was set up. This is a group of people who were owed money by Farepak and who represent all those who lost money as a result of the collapse of Farepak, including representatives of the agents and customers. As directed by the Liquidation Committee, the Joint Liquidators have been working throughout the course of the Liquidation to recover as much money as possible.

The Liquidation Committee asked the Liquidators to do certain work, including taking legal action, to try to get money for the benefit of Farepak’s creditors, including agents and customers. This work can take a long time but is now finished.

As a result of the work done by the Liquidators, enough money has been recovered to send you the dividend payment of 14.17p in the £.

In addition, the Liquidators have sent out an ex-gratia (voluntary) payment by Lloyds Banking Group of 21.48p in the £.

Below are answers to some questions you may have:

I am expecting a cheque but I haven’t had it yet. What should I do?

If you submitted a claim which was agreed by the Joint Liquidators and are expecting to receive a cheque but have not received it by 31 October 2012, please contact the Claims Management Team at Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - In Liquidation, PO Box 3404, Swindon, SN2 9EQ.

What is the cheque that I have received?

The cheque is a final payment in relation to your claim in the Liquidation of Farepak.

How much have I been paid?

You have been paid 35.65p for every £1 you were owed by Farepak. For example:

• a customer or agent with a claim of £100 will receive £35.65;

• a customer or agent with a claim of £500 will receive £178.25; and

• a customer or agent with a claim of £1,000 will receive £356.50.

How is the amount of the cheque made up?

The sum of money on the cheque you have been sent is made up of two parts:

• A payment, known as a dividend, of 14.17p in the £ from the Liquidation.

• An ex-gratia (voluntary) payment by Lloyds Banking Group of 21.48p in the £.

Will I get any more money?

This payment represents all the money that is available to Farepak’s creditors, which includes agents and customers. You will not receive any further payments.

How was my claim worked out?

Your claim was worked out from the forms you and your agent previously filled in and returned to the Liquidators, and from looking at the information that was in Farepak’s records at the time Farepak went into administration.

When added to the 17.5p in the £ given to customers and agents by the Farepak Response Fund charity, set up by the Department for Trade and Industry in 2006, the cheque means that customers and agents of Farepak will have received a total of 53.15p in the £.

I have a query about my cheque. What should I do?

If you have a query about your cheque, you should not cash your cheque and you should notify the Claims Management Team in writing as soon as possible at Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - In Liquidation, PO Box 3404, Swindon, SN2 9EQ. The Claims Management Team will look into the matter and if necessary the cheque will be cancelled, and a new cheque issued. Any new cheques will be issued at no cost to customers and agents.

I have moved house. How can I make sure I will receive my cheque?

If you have changed your address since submitting your original claim but have not notified the Claims Management Team, you should register your change of address by sending details of your name, your agent’s number, the amount of your claim, your old address, your new address and your signature to Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited – In Liquidation, PO Box 3404, Swindon, SN2 9EQ. The Claims Management Team is not able to deal with changes of address over the telephone or via email for security reasons.

A Farepak agent/customer has died. What should I do?

In order for a new cheque to be sent to the agent’s or customer’s next of kin, please return the cheque and provide a copy of the death certificate. These should be sent to: Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - In Liquidation, PO Box 3404, Swindon, SN2 9EQ. We can then arrange for a replacement cheque to be sent to you.

I have changed my name so cannot bank the cheque. What should I do?

Please send your cheque back and send us evidence of your change of name, for example a copy of a marriage certificate. These should be sent to: Claims Management Team, Farepak Food & Gifts Limited - In Liquidation, PO Box 3404, Swindon, SN2 9EQ. We can then arrange for a replacement cheque to be sent to you.

A cheque has arrived for someone who no longer lives here, what should I do with the cheque?

If you have received a cheque that is not addressed to you, please return this to the Claims Management Team by writing “Not known at this address” on the envelope and putting this in a post box. There is no charge to do this.

Can an agent or customer provide new details of their claim now?

The claims have now been finalised so it is not possible to provide new evidence now. If new claims are made now, we will not be able to pay them.

How long do I have to bank my cheque?

You will need to bank your cheque within 6 months of the date on the cheque.

I have read about a further 17.5p paid by the Farepak Response Fund in 2006, bringing the total paid to approximately 50p in the £. What is this?

Some vouchers and hampers were sent out by a charity called the Farepak Response Fund in 2006. The Joint Liquidators were not involved with this process and have no more information on it so cannot help further.

Summary of the Joint Liquidators’ receipts and payments

Please click here to view a summary of the Joint Liquidators’ receipts and payments

Report to Creditors

Please click here for information about the 2011 report to creditors

Trust Monies

Please click here for information about the Trust monies ruling on 31 July 2009.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

As you will all see, the dividend has risen from approx 32 pence in £ to just over 35 pence in £ fantastic result from a liquidation :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:37 pm 
Information Mine

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

just in time 4 xmas thx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 pm 
Information Mine

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

well done to Suzy, Linda and all on the liquidation committee for getting us so much back when in reality is should be zero, and a thankyou to BDO for all there hard work.

It may be six years in the waiting but maybe this will give an extra xmas cheer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 pm 
Information Mine

Well Done Suzy!

I am interested to know what will happen to the outstanding balance of £576,245, please? What are the plans for this money?

Also like to know if the media company fees paid were paid in advance of work or arrears? Was there any kind of up front payment etc. Or was it paid after the work was done? Just curious. :)

Also, is it possible to get a detailed analysis of exactly what work they done?

Thank you. :)

Last edited by Angie Plant on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks.

Please note I have edited my post. x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:08 pm 
Information Mine

Suzy,

I would also like to draw attention to the fact that Management of Media Enquiries has more than doubled in a year.

Form

£54.479 (for 4 years of liquidation) in 2011 (Total Cost)

to

£121,298 (for 5 years of liquidation) 2012 (Total Cost)

An INCREASE of £66,819 in the final year.

That is a big increase in 1 year and having been aware of media releases alone this year, I would love to know how this figure comes to be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

From memory I know that media interest was huge around the directors trial and I remember a reference to just how large media enquiries were prior to and after the trial.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:20 pm 
Information Mine

I can remember it too but not any bigger than the time of the collapse. I didn't think it was that huge. The whole court thing was bit flat re the reporting.

Plus they tended to be contacting campaign groups. How many statements did they need to release? Come to think of it, how many did BDO release around that time? Can't see too much management in that. It was only a couple of statements from memory.

Plus, did BDO not state the trial was nothing to with them or something along those lines?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm 
Information Mine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:36 am 
Site Admin

My brother received his cheque :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:44 am 
Information Mine

my postie just been and he delivered me a very nice cheque :mrgreen:

thank u all and a very merry xmas

just heard my 2 daughters and sister and niece got theirs too

Last edited by sue7 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.