Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: boycott kleeneze!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:00 pm 
I am a kleeneze distributor on the brink of jacking it all in with disgust of what has been happening in the company. I feel totally ashamed to be associated with Kleeneze and think perhaps we need to start a campaign to boycott Kleeneze until something is done. The sudden loss of profits would make those fat cat directors think.
Something has been afoot in Kleeneze for a long time but we as distributors were told everything was rosy. Sales have been relatively low and recruiting new distributors is virtually impossible!!
The Sales Director suddenly left at the end of August without any announcement, all we were told was he was taking early retirement and to spend more time with his children. Ive since found out that this was not the case as he is now working for another company run in a similar way to Kleeneze.And then all of the recent news came out.
Last year Kleeneze gave away 12 cars worth around £300,000, Company conferences worth a few million, and millions in bonuses. They have also just announced that the month long roadshow in Germany is now cancelled and there are more out of stocks than ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for joining us and welcome to our forum, I can understand your point of view, i have a friend who ran her own team, (i think thats how she USED to put it,) she got out a while back mainly due to medical problems. I have to admitt when my catalogue arrived on the 14th Oct, I was :steam: however we all know its not the individuals fault, but my personnal feelings are that never again will i order from kleeneze. There are many more with the same opinion, It has been described as a pack of cards, once one falls, they all will. You have a better insight into the company from your angle, i think you should consider all the options and make your decision. You will feel better once you have decided. I think we would find it hard not to be negative regarding kleeneze as a company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:25 am 
Information Mine

capnkid.. welcome to the forum and thank you for joining us .......... but don't do anything hasty take some time to think about all your options before making a move

thanks again for your support and good luck whatever you decide

tina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:33 am 
Information Mine

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand how boycotting Kleeneze would help. It's your choice, of course, but what would that achieve exactly? Instead of losing this Christmas, I, along with thousands of others, would lose my entire livelihood :!: I joined Kleeneze, which was bought by Farepak (which I wasn't too happy about at the time), and has now been bought by Findel. Everyone who was involved on the EHR Board has gone, I believe, which is a good thing. Whatever they did was nothing to do with me or any other agent, so why do you want to wreck MY life? And my wife, ex-wife and my children. If a disgruntled agent (or competitor) want to use this to score points, so be it, but why use us as a scape-goat? I want to help, as do many others, but I can't feel guilty about what the (ex) directors have done in the past.
Perhaps I'm in the wrong place, i don't know, but I would like to help wherever possible.
All the best,
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:27 am 
Miner of Info

You carry on with Kleeneze if you like Mike, I'm sure that there are plenty of people will buy from you, but, I dont want anything to do with that company and my customers have said the same. An agent of theirs put their catalogue through my letterbox last month, I would have put it in the bin, except I was told that the agents have to buy the catalogues, when the agent came to collect, I told him that I wouldn't put a 1p the way of that Company again after what has happened, and asked him not to put any catalogues through my letterbox again, he was very understanding and I did tell him that it was nothing to do with him personally. I think that you will find a lot of people feel this way about Kleeneze.

Last edited by Parys Girl on Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:40 am 
Information Mine

That's fine, and perfectly understandable. In fact I've had a few customers say that to me, but others who will still buy from me as well. The one thing that I've been able to do, thanks to this site, is advise some of them how they can fight back, and a few of them have got their money back; so from at least three of my customers "thank you to eveyone".
All I am saying is that trying to get EVERYONE to boycott Kleeneze won't do anything to hurt the (ex) directors, or the bank.
The main point though, is Thank You all for giving me the information to try and help friends, customers (and even my ex-wife :wink: )
Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:59 am 
Information Mine

to be fair to kleenezie or what ever i think right now most people are still confused and upset by whats happened and until clear and accurate information comes out of the tangle that we are presented with it will be a case of chinese whispers ........... noone wants to support any company that has connections with farepak no matter how tenuous the connections maybe ....but like i said until we know who and what for certain people are going to be led by rumours ..... understandably too ......... i have bought in the past from iwoot .... thier catalogue arrived last week and it went straight in the bin ............ i also used to buy regularly from studio catalogue but now i hear it's one of findels so until i know whats what i wont be buying any more .......i don't think anyone would wittingly support any of the companies associated with farepak and it's dirty directors but until the mud clears we wont really know for certain whos who

tina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:20 pm 
Miner of Info

I've already put a label by my letterbox saying no Kleeneze catalogues will be returned.

I appreciate the agent has to buy them but we live on the edge of our village which is seems is the starting point for any leaflet drop :roll: We get at least one a week and l don;t even want to see one of their catalogues.

I've had enough of mine and my customers money taken by them. I'm sorry for you Mike but alot of companies must be shi**ing themselves like Park Hampers and others. Who's going to save with them this year? Not to mention high street shops who are going to see a £40m+ drop in profits this year because we don;t have our vouchers.

I could have cried yesterday when l went shopping l saw rows and rows of Christmas stuff and l thought about my £300 gone, l have an 11wk old baby his first Christmas after trying for 6yrs to get pregnant. Findel can go swivel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:19 pm 
Digger of Info

Dont see how blaming another company helps. If Kleeneze agents dont get any orders they lose income. Maybe thats what you want. If you have had Xmas ruined, lets ruin others as well.( this should probably be posted on the other side )
Your fight is with the Directors of EHR, not anyone else. The Directors control what the company does. I have every sympathy for you but dont widen the blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:34 am 
Fact Finder

I'm an area co-ordinator for Betterware - so I have little love for Kleeneze, however, I would see little point boycotting Kleeneze. They have about 16,000 distributors - why on earth would people want to see these guys loose their income?

I know how I would feel if my only source of income was taken away from me. Why on earth would people want to spread more misery on innocent people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:59 am 
I do not want to hurt the guys who slog their guts out on the streets but its the only way findel will listen.

Maybe you should all get together and demonstrate at the conference at the NIA on January 7th.

Their will be directors at the event as they host it. :twisted:

Somehow you have to force these guys into action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:58 am 
Information Mine

as far as we can tell farepaks money has been going into the ehr bank and a lot of it has been used to pay kleeneze,s suppliers thats why we are p***Ed at them and findel paid a lot less for the other group companies than they were worth the sales were negioted for a couple of weeks b4 fri the 13th (fact) so findel knew that farepack was being left out to rot but were only interested in cherry picking with a turnover of 100mill n only worth 34 what a joke

|..…..UP THE…….…..|
|..…CHERRIES….…...|
|........IN ALL.........|
|...DEPARTMENTS!..|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:24 pm 
Digger of Info

Sandfacer1, no doubt your next post will give the evidence that the money went to pay Kleeneze's suppliers !!!!
I do think there has been shocking, possibly illegal, use of the funds paid to farepak but wouldnt have thought it went to pay K's suppliers.
More likely will have been used to fund EHR's acquisitions, IWOOT, Kitbag, the awful TV channel and the book company. Kze is cash generative so unlikely it would have needed assistance, certainly not at this level.
I think the petitions should be against the Directors and the banks. If the trail of money can be confirmed tere is a chance to 'strike' the transactions and the funds would need to be refunded.
I would like to know where the 34m went. Presumably to EHR and reducing bank overdraft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:53 pm 
Information Mine

I am watching KZ very closely, and I have to say that not buying from them won't hurt them at all. Perhaps it'll it some of their web sales, but that'll be all.

They make their money by ripping off new agents, not selling goods.

As for "swallowing" their catelogues, that'd be better. Since an agent will loose money on any orders (s)he process'es, and only loose the cost of the catelogue if someone keep's it and does not order, the actual agents will loose less money this way.

Kleeneze, and all their uplines and "legs" (top-level uplines) will already have made their Dollars (sic), though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:43 pm 
Kleze distributors have to cough up £30 for 50 catalogues they earn out of everything they sell including charging for us to place orders, as yet I have not heard a thing from any of the top earners as to what help they are giving.

I agree that stopping buying will hurt the downline but to be honest they are better off without it, they could earn more from betterware or avon.

if the high earners start seeing their income shrink then they will put pressure on Findel to do something.

Some people are earning £10,000-£40,000 per month its insane.

beleive me when this happens they will do something.

Take a look at this not a mention of farepak because all the negative talk will drive there business down.

http://www.kleenezeforums.com/board/ind ... ae39471b9a

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next