Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: arggggg
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:13 am 
Information Mine

suzy is absolutely right ...they are trying to get the media on side .plus a lot of papers get huge sums off them 4 advertising...cant let em get away with this its disgraceful...cough up in full HALIFAX S.O.Bs :x :x :x .

MEDIA CANT BE ALLOWED TO FALL FOR THEIR TRICKERY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 am 
Information Mine

Disgraceful thieving git how dare they give 2 mill it should be 17 times that and then the 2 mill extra. If at the final count there is anything left give it to charity as long as they dont bank at HBOS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:45 am 
Site Admin

What a F..... ...... .......................................
.............. right now the swear words out of my system for little while. Most of you know me well enough to know my response and belief, anyone unsure can mail me and i will gladly type a load of swearing while i explain how i feel personally about their donation. But Guys we need to handle this carefully the wrong slant by the media on this and we could do ourselves a lot of harm, so yes its a insult but its 2mil in the pot, the biggest donation so far, granted by a load of thieving B.......,ect ect. We are also taking action for a lot of unheard voices around the country and public opinion is on our side. I think before we do what we all want to do we should think about how we are going to do it, without any damage to our campaign. I hope you ALL understand what i am saying but we do need to think logically about this, are they banking on our anger???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Just had BBC Swindon on they are going to interview people down there and are quoting me on the fact "I am disgusted................" think about it people HBOS make profits of £13.1 million per day that is £500,000 per hour!!! Drop in the Ocean!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Have also just spoken to GMTV who have called to get my response. Apparently people are feeling "happier" with this moving forward.

I have said I will be happy when Christmas is restored for the people it has been ripped from. I am NOT happy with the pittance HBOS has offered to the overall pot!!

They said they will get back to me if they need me :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:54 pm 
Information Mine

HBOS... talk about adding insult to injury...
C'mon HBOS didn't you mean to say £34 million...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

I am going on News 24 Dougie and I will be asking questions! Back of 2 about 2.20ish live i think

Suzy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:57 pm 
Digger of Info

My god 2mill?
Did i read that right?
For once in my life im so angry im lost for words :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:58 pm 
Information Mine

Go Suzy... Wow you gotta be dizzy with all the press and media stuff you are doing right now.
Big thanks to you Suzy... Fighting all the way :D

Post subject: hbos-statement
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 pm 
Digger of Info

2 million what a joke is that the intrest that they made from the 34 mill that they stole from us
keep up the good work
sisie you are fab
keep it up
gemini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:22 pm 
Miner of Info

I think that we should block thier contributions, as this could be seen as a bribe(of sorts) as they have many questions that only they can answer!!! soryy but I am furious, they took the money knowing where it had come from, knowing that it is fraud!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:41 pm 
Digger of Info

I totally agree,the only offer they should be giving ,is us customers our MONEY BACK,instead they offer this, probably to try to get press etc on their side,they do not care about us farepak customers if they did why take money from us in the first place,when they knew farepak was not going to survive.I have emailed HBOS using the draft letter on this forum,i emailed 5 directors etc from the bank,including cs,and i have done 2 lots of emails,and i have yet to receive reply from any of them B*stards.THIS GOES TO SHOW WHAT THEY THINK OF A ORDINARY FAREPAK CUSTOMER(OR MUG IN THEIR EYES)AS THEY CANNOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE A SIMPLE EMAIL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:47 pm 
Information Mine

2 million what an insult nearly had me vearing off the road when i heard it on the radio coming home from work,an absolute disgrace we want all our money back no just some pittance. :steam: :steam:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:56 pm 
Fact Finder

Just got in from work & heard the news on the radio.... HBOS are having a laugh !!! They give out bigger bonuses to them FAT CATS who sit on the F*****G fat lazy arses all day, living in total luxury with no worries. They should all give up their bonuses, a months pay, etc.....ARRRGGGHHHHH :steam: I need to go & calm down !!!! so angry..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject: Hang on a minute...
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:56 pm 
Sniffing around

I know I'm not going to make myself popular by saying this, but in the interests of free speach and balance... are we not just trying to make HBOS into a skapegoat for EHR plc's failure here?

I think I'm on my own in thinking this, but should we not be pleased that there is an extra £2m in the pot, specifically for Farepak customers, that wasn't there a few days ago? From what I can tell, £2m is much more than all the other contributions put together and undeniably an awful lot of money. I know it's not the full £34m, and everyone wants as much of their money back as possible, but if we are expecting HBOS to cough up the full bill, it's like saying that they're 100% responsible, and at the end of the day, it wasn't HBOS that was actually running Farepak into the ground, it was EHR plc.

I also think that HBOS are in a no-win situation here. Had they foreclosed on the loans earlier we would have accused them of not giving EHR a chance to recover. And how do we know that the rumoured takeover that they blocked would have been a good thing? If EHR plc was already failing, the takeover might have been a recipe for an even bigger disaster.

I think that ultimately HBOS was unfortunate to be the bank that happened to provide it's services to the true crooks - the directors of EHR. We seem to be holding HBOS accountable for when Farepak should have ceased trading, but that is clearly the responsibility of the company directors of EHR plc. If it wasn't HBOS in this position, it would have been Barclays, HSBC or RBS in exactly the same position.