Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: BOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:11 am 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 pm
Posts: 12892
Location: Accrington, Lancs
To recommend or diss ----- whatever

_________________
Image
cave nil vino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:14 am 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 pm
Posts: 12892
Location: Accrington, Lancs
The Summer Psychic

by Jessica Adams




Asda are selling this for £2 and it is fab, proper good stuff, Sharon will like it :D

_________________
Image
cave nil vino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:14 pm
Posts: 10990
Location: Edinburgh
Anything by Jodi Picoult :)

_________________
All good things come to those who wait!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:13 am
Posts: 2904
Location: Balloch Loch Lomond
Harlan Coben is another great author if you like crime stories

_________________
Good friends are like angels, you dont have to see them to know they are there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:01 pm
Posts: 13002
Location: newcastle
Victim wrote:
The Summer Psychic

by Jessica Adams




Asda are selling this for £2 and it is fab, proper good stuff, Sharon will like it :D



Thanks Tracey - will pick it up next time i go!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:16 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 5866
Location: Lancs.
Anything by Andy McNab, to the point guts and all never leaves a swear out if its needed.

Desmond Bagley is a good author too.

_________________
We walked the long and winding road to get a measure of justice.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:01 pm
Posts: 13002
Location: newcastle
As most of you know i love James Patterson books. Would recommend him.

Reading James Herbert at the minute as suggested by our Sue. "Nobody true" this one is called and i am really enjoying it. Although was reading "Portent" and just couldn't get into it, might go back to it though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:57 am 
Offline
Information Mine

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:57 am
Posts: 407
Location: ABERDEEN
Terry Pratchett

Warning - read on your own as your laughter will annoy others

There is the l-space.org annotaited pratchett file to try to explain all the references (trust me there is a lot! )

_________________
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:05 am 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 pm
Posts: 12892
Location: Accrington, Lancs
Quote:
Warning - read on your own as your laughter will annoy others



Defo on my hit list like to annoy folk :D

_________________
Image
cave nil vino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:31 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 15802
Location: Ilfracombe
Yep Sharon , we have read all the James Herbert books. Only one i couldnt get into but for the life of me i cant remember which one. Somethin to do with a plane :? Would deffo recommend his books. I like anything by Catherine Cookson and Danielle Steel :roll: :lol:

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:01 pm
Posts: 13002
Location: newcastle
sue7 wrote:
Yep Sharon , we have read all the James Herbert books. Only one i couldnt get into but for the life of me i cant remember which one. Somethin to do with a plane :? Would deffo recommend his books. I like anything by Catherine Cookson and Danielle Steel :roll: :lol:


A plane with a crew who are monitoring the weather or something like that is the one i can't get into Sue!!! Sounds like a match to me mate!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:02 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 15802
Location: Ilfracombe
Yep sounds about right to me mate :lol:

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:22 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: preston
sharon wrote:
As most of you know i love James Patterson books. Would recommend him.

Reading James Herbert at the minute as suggested by our Sue. "Nobody true" this one is called and i am really enjoying it. Although was reading "Portent" and just couldn't get into it, might go back to it though.

portent is good but the dark is the 1 i like best

_________________
...…. \|||||||/
...…. (| o o |)
oOOo--(__)--oOOo--
|..…..UP THE…….…..|
|..…CHERRIES….…...|
|........IN ALL.........|
|...DEPARTMENTS!..|


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:24 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:39 pm
Posts: 2090
Location: preston
sandfacer1 wrote:
sharon wrote:
As most of you know i love James Patterson books. Would recommend him.

Reading James Herbert at the minute as suggested by our Sue. "Nobody true" this one is called and i am really enjoying it. Although was reading "Portent" and just couldn't get into it, might go back to it though.

portent is good but the dark is the 1 i like best

had an embarresing moment in class reading at school years ago was reading the rats n got asked to read out loud from where i was lol wasent really suitable

_________________
...…. \|||||||/
...…. (| o o |)
oOOo--(__)--oOOo--
|..…..UP THE…….…..|
|..…CHERRIES….…...|
|........IN ALL.........|
|...DEPARTMENTS!..|


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: BOOKS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:28 pm 
Offline
Information Mine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 pm
Posts: 12892
Location: Accrington, Lancs
sandfacer1 wrote:
sandfacer1 wrote:
sharon wrote:
As most of you know i love James Patterson books. Would recommend him.

Reading James Herbert at the minute as suggested by our Sue. "Nobody true" this one is called and i am really enjoying it. Although was reading "Portent" and just couldn't get into it, might go back to it though.

portent is good but the dark is the 1 i like best

had an embarresing moment in class reading at school years ago was reading the rats n got asked to read out loud from where i was lol wasent really suitable



obviously :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image
cave nil vino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group