Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: CREDIT CRUNCH
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:06 pm 
Information Mine

OHs job is safe (for now)

6 people were made redundant today :( :( :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:24 pm 
Information Mine

Tracey Glad your OH,s Job is safe, hope it continues to be so :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

Thats good news Tracey!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:55 pm 
Information Mine

thats good tracey :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:37 pm 
Information Mine

:D :D Thats great news mate xx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

very good news Tracey sorry bout the redundancies :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:47 am 
Information Mine

Awww was in tears today when OH was telling me bout this guy that works there :( :(

Never has a day off sick, doesn't even take holidays, always at work an hour early, totally and utterly reliable with a capital R. He's a bit slow though :(

They told him today that he'd been made redundant and that he could go home but he would still be paid til the end of the day, the poor soul said no I'll stay :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Breaks your heart doesn't it :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:57 am 
Site Admin

Awwwww thats so sad! :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:16 am 
Information Mine

It reminded me of a lad we used to employ called Gordon (yep he was truly)

And bless him, all he did was polish cars all day long, thats all he could do, we tried him with other stuff but he just couldn't do it and he was really happy to do that :D As a result he was paid according to what he did, we tried to get support to give him more but nothing was available :( and we weren't making enough to be a charity. He was happy, we were happy and his Mum was happy !!! Then the minimum wage was brought in :evil:

Try as I might, and Oh god did I try :evil: :evil: it seems there was no provision for those who couldn't 'earn' the minimum wage :( :( We, purely and simply couldn't keep Gordon on, not without sacrificing our own money, we weren't making enough for that :( otherwise we would have cuz he was a lovely lad who'd had a real crappy life, (Dad slashing mum kinda awfulness :( )

One of the saddest days of my life letting that poor lad go :( :( See him occasionally walking around with his mum, obviously not working still :( :(

This is where this government is failing us, not looking at the FULL picture :( :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:42 pm 
Information Mine

:( It is sometimes a sad horrible world that we live in mate and try as we might we cant always make it better on our own , as much as we would like :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 pm 
Information Mine

Victim wrote:
It reminded me of a lad we used to employ called Gordon (yep he was truly)

And bless him, all he did was polish cars all day long, thats all he could do, we tried him with other stuff but he just couldn't do it and he was really happy to do that :D As a result he was paid according to what he did, we tried to get support to give him more but nothing was available :( and we weren't making enough to be a charity. He was happy, we were happy and his Mum was happy !!! Then the minimum wage was brought in :evil:

Try as I might, and Oh god did I try :evil: :evil: it seems there was no provision for those who couldn't 'earn' the minimum wage :( :( We, purely and simply couldn't keep Gordon on, not without sacrificing our own money, we weren't making enough for that :( otherwise we would have cuz he was a lovely lad who'd had a real crappy life, (Dad slashing mum kinda awfulness :( )

One of the saddest days of my life letting that poor lad go :( :( See him occasionally walking around with his mum, obviously not working still :( :(

This is where this government is failing us, not looking at the FULL picture :( :(

This is another issue with the all or nothing rules that governments have introduced.

The guy will obviously now be collecting some sort of benefit, so why not allow him to keep a large amount of this and work for you? That way we all win, less benefit paid (by a small amount), one less able making a contribution and you getting a worker.

I know that jobs are getting hard to get but there are groups of people who work under 16(?) hours per week to ensure that they retain all their benefits - some because they couldn't work 37 hours and some because they don't want to. Those that can't would like to work, say 30 hours but they'd loose council tax, housing, tax credits, childcare etc benefits? I saw a calculation done that if some worked an extra 4 hours per week they'd loose hundreds of pounds in benefits! They'd have to work a 90+ hour week to break even. Who the hell can work 90+ hours per week, week in week out?

Lets introduce a sliding scale of benefits, so if you work more you get more. Seems daft that if you wok more you loose out

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:42 pm 
Information Mine

Quote:
Lets introduce a sliding scale of benefits

Absolutely, totally agree with that :)

That would have been ideal for Gordon, he loved going to work everyday and mixing with all the other lads.
It was a life that he probably hasn't had since :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 am 
Site Admin

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090301/tu ... 23e80.html

In a speech to Labour's Black Asian and Minority Ethnic conference in Leicester, Mr Purnell will say vulnerable groups were hit hardest by unemployment during previous recessions and will vow to prevent this happening again.
Quote:
And we squandered the talents of a generation of disabled people - left at home, a life on benefits with literally no help or support.
"And we know what happened to ethnic minorities, the older workers, the disabled. Over half a million were pushed on to incapacity benefit and forgotten about.

What the spin doctors seem to forget is they are spin doctors not medical doctors. No one chooses to have their life turned upside down by illness or a condition. Give the majority the choice of being fit and well and being able to work they would bite your hand off. No person has ever pushed anyone into suffering or into a life on incapacity benefit, medical circumstances do, no matter what the economic climate or the spin our politicians would have us believe.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:11 pm 
Information Mine

sharon wrote:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090301/tuk-minorities-to-get-government-help-6323e80.html

In a speech to Labour's Black Asian and Minority Ethnic conference in Leicester, Mr Purnell will say vulnerable groups were hit hardest by unemployment during previous recessions and will vow to prevent this happening again.
Quote:
And we squandered the talents of a generation of disabled people - left at home, a life on benefits with literally no help or support.
"And we know what happened to ethnic minorities, the older workers, the disabled. Over half a million were pushed on to incapacity benefit and forgotten about.

What the spin doctors seem to forget is they are spin doctors not medical doctors. No one chooses to have their life turned upside down by illness or a condition. Give the majority the choice of being fit and well and being able to work they would bite your hand off. No person has ever pushed anyone into suffering or into a life on incapacity benefit, medical circumstances do, no matter what the economic climate or the spin our politicians would have us believe.

Well said Sharon. =D> =D> =D>

I wish to god my sons could work and give something back. Due to there difficulties there is no way they could. Incapacity is there only way forward for them as they lack the basic skills needed and would take another 20 years to learn them - which they are trying to do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:39 pm 
Information Mine

=D> =D> Bloody well said mate. If i had a choice i would luv to be able to go for walks with hubby and dog etc etc etc.

NO we do not choose disability , it chooses us.

I couldnt work because of my disability so i had no choice.

Spin doctors spout

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next