Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:48 am 
Fact Finder

Hi everyone

I am really sorry but I am quite confused (it doesn't take much !! :D )

I have been reading so many different threads about direct debit refunds that i have got a bit dizzy

I paid all but one of my payments by DIRECT DEBIT using my NATWEST account

Can someone PLEASE tell me if they are refunding payments ? What I need to do to get a refund? Do I need to register a claim with Natwest?

HELP!!!!
Thanks in advance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:34 am 
Miner of Info

hi natwest wont do any refunds been trying since beginning and they still say no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:59 am 
Fact Finder

sorry but natwest wont be givin a refund, made all my payments with natwest maestro card, been on to them several times and been told theres nothing they can do, funny how lloyds tsb seem to be able to help there customers thou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:02 am 
Miner of Info

I totally agree but its safe to say i am looking for another bank and it wont be halifax or natwest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:12 am 
Fact Finder

so much for all there wonderful adverts, stating how great they are and how there customers come first, what a load of rubbish, lloyds tsb here i come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:57 am 
Fact Finder

Seems a bit odd that Nat West who were Farepaks bank is the only bank which is not honouring chargebacks or direct debit refunds. Have they no conscience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:59 am 
Fact Finder

i wouldnt pack your bags and go running down to lloyds tsb just yet........ive pretty much been told to run and jump from them when i ramng the other day. as far as a dd refunds go. paid evry payment by dd since the start of the year.

ive since decided to mail them so i get a response in writing then il try again. i may have to write an email to holly or hound a few people but im determined. they have refunded some direct debits but why not all? if its good for one customer it should be good for us all.....guess in the eyes of a bank that is just way to simple

Post subject: Lloyds Tsb
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:22 am 
Information Mine

Why would anyone want to run to Lloyds TSB? Yes, we are running away from them!!! There customer service is absolute crap, often you are put to mombai in India so she does not understand a local twang. They refund some customers DD and then say no its not, its debit card and try to make you sound like a baffoon. Yes, I reckon our grandparents had it right. What is wrong with under the mattress as they don't need to break into your home to steal from you anymore. All they need to do is to make false promises and steal from your bank account. So don't say Lloyds TSB are good because as far as I am concerned they are all crap! We thought we had a guarantee and we have subsequently found out it is as worthless as HITA.