Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:50 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks for posting that Sue , very interesting and informative.

Sad state affairs in this country when you can't trust your bank to give you good finanacial advice, and they are only interested in making a fast buck at your expense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:32 pm 
Information Mine

A couple of people i know have been in this situation John and they ended up by going bankrupt. Its awful isnt it. :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:38 am 
Site Admin

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/b ... 690303.ece

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:27 pm 
Information Mine

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ... Debt and savings underline north-south divide

Julia Finch
Monday April 23, 2007
The Guardian

Liverpudlians, Geordies and Glaswegians are least likely to make any dent in their credit card debts while those who live in Norwich are Britain's best savers.
According to a new report by the data analysts CDMS on attitudes to debt and saving, nearly one in six Liverpudlians never pay off anything other than the interest added to their credit card debt.

The league table of worst repayers - so-called "credit cruisers" - also features Newcastle, Manchester and Glasgow. According to CDMS, those who live in those cities are "endemic accumulators of credit card debt".

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best credit card payers are in Edinburgh, Norwich, Nottingham and London. In Edinburgh only one in 10 credit card users never make repayments of the principal debt. The city of Norwich, meanwhile, has the most assiduous savers, with nearly one in three putting away more than 2% of their income every month. Londoners save only a little less.
The credit cruisers of Glasgow, Liverpool and Newcastle, unsurprisingly, are the worst savers, with as few as one in eight managing to save more than 2% of their income. The population of Cardiff, however, has both savers and debtors - featuring high on the list of credit cruisers and regular savers.

The report, which was based on 56,000 consumer records, shows a "growing polarisation of the national economy".

Ian Hubbard, of CDMS, said there was a "stark contrast between usage of rolling credit card debt in the more northern parts of the UK, compared with the southern swathe".

He added: "These indicators should be grasped by economists and policymakers as a sign that further regeneration efforts are needed away from London's sphere of influence."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:39 pm 
Information Mine

A new way of paying by credit card wonder how fast the fraud starts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6635427.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:44 pm 
Information Mine

I have had this before, and sadly, if you look in your tiny-print, it does tell you that. However, if you speak to a manager, and NOT SHOUT, you can usually explain to them that you are trying to get your finances in order and not have debts, and pay things off, and they are usually quite good at bending and knocking it off as a gesture of goodwill. Worth a try - has worked for me several times in the past....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:11 pm 
Information Mine

Some interesting figures and facts on here...... http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/12022008/389/10 ... avoid.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 pm 
Information Mine

Thanks for that Sue some interesting stuff on there. I am sort of expecting my card to possibly be scrapped as I do not use it excessively and I don't like paying any charges if at all possible so they don't make a lot of money from me so I could be one of these to get the chop which is totally wrong.
Tried to use it in Ikea the other week just for convenience and they wanted to charge me 70p just to use it, so I said thankyou very much but no thanks, if this is the way it is going I will be glad to get rid of it.