Unfairpak Forum - How Farepak Stole Christmas

On Friday 13th Oct 2006 - Farepak Hampers went into administration. Over 100,000 customers were told that no food hampers or vouchers or other goods will be supplied this Christmas as promised, and no refunds! Share your thoughts here...
Winners - Scottish Polictian of the Year Award
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Comet.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Peacocks and the Perfume Shop have been signed up to Love 2 Shop and Park are hoping to make an announcement for a replacement for JJB soon! Will keep you all informed!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm 
Information Mine

will we be able to use our love to shop vouchers in the perfume shop this year Suzy ? xx
:D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

sandra-Anne wrote:
will we be able to use our love to shop vouchers in the perfume shop this year Suzy ? xx
:D

Yes Sandra contracts signed xxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:19 pm 
Information Mine

oh i hope the sports shop will be Sports direct coz we have one of those here. They just moved to a bigger store and its great in there now :)

went in with emma the other day and spent a fortune :o

so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz park try and get them onboard :)

we had a peacocks but they closed down :/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

sue7 wrote:
oh i hope the sports shop will be Sports direct coz we have one of those here. They just moved to a bigger store and its great in there now :)

went in with emma the other day and spent a fortune :o

so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz park try and get them onboard :)

we had a peacocks but they closed down :/

I don't know who it is Sue x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

Angie Plant wrote:
sandra-Anne wrote:
oops suzy, it was "currys vouchers" that l got Park to change for me to "love to shop vouchers". :oops:
Oh Sandra-anne you are just the new forum trouble maker. :) :wink:

robnick wrote:
Wow this is a biggie. they do take prepayments for goods that are to be delivered.

Maybe worth putting a tweet out for Comet customers to come here for info on s75 and debit visa etc. Suzy may have alot on her plate though and maybe doesn't want to add to it. :)

Did tweet Angie and was asked if I would tweet to ask people to stop giving instore staff abuse :( that got RT'd over and over so hopefully I am getting message out and the Section 75 was RT'd.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Angie Plant wrote:
Ah, what a sweet lovely ending to this story. I found the 2nd commment interesting.

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Generos ... story.html

KIND-hearted benefactors have stepped in to help after a Comet store refused to accept a £500 gift card from a disabled boy.

Maria Horton had been given the gift card by the Family Fund charity to buy an iPad for her four-year-old son Samuel, who suffers from cerebral palsy.

But Comet, which went into administration last week, refused to take the gift card.

Last night, after the news appeared online, Mrs Horton was contacted by three would-be benefactors who were touched by the story.

Samuel, who has just started school, has difficulty writing because his hand shakes. He will be able to use a special iPad program to help him with his schoolwork.

Mrs Horton, from Eggbuckland, said yesterday that Samuel had been looking forward to getting the iPad since the summer, when he was shown the program by an outreach worker. But when she tried to use the gift card in the Plympton and Plymouth city centre branches last week, the staff would not accept it.

"He's a bright boy, which is why he is in mainstream education.

"He was quite upset. He won't ever be able to write very well because his hand shakes, so that's where the iPad comes in."

The Herald was contacted yesterday by a Rochdale man, John Alexander, with an offer of £500 for Samuel.

Mr Alexander – the 'Singing Jeweller' – is a successful charity fund-raiser. He said: "I was touched by this story.

"I've had ups and downs in life, like we all have, but God has been good to me, and I have always tried to help along the way."

Mr Alexander, who is 70, only started his singing career two years ago, but has already sold several CDs for charity.

"Every now and then something like this comes along and if I can do anything to help, that's what I do," he said.

At the same time a Bristol businessman emailed Mrs Horton, offering to give Samuel a new iPad, and she was also contacted by the Dartmoor Zoo.

"People's generosity has astounded me," she said. "I am overwhelmed.

"If anyone else does want to help they could give to the Family Fund.

"They are a charity that makes a difference to people's lives."

She said that while she was in Comet last week she met another family, from Launceston, who were trying to use a Family Fund gift card.

She said she told Comet staff, "You already have the money, can't you accept the gift card?" and they said, "We can't do anything for you".

But she said she was not blaming the staff, who were only following orders from the administrator.

She said she would be contacting the Family Fund for advice today when its offices reopen after the weekend.

Family Fund will need to look for new supplier!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 pm 
Information Mine

Well, this is good news but who do they mean by corporate customers? Will this be hamper and voucher companies they are refering to?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20228579

Comet gift vouchers reinstated

The administrators of the electrical retailer Comet have said gift vouchers bought by members of the public can once again be used at stores, two days after suspending them.

But vouchers issued on behalf of corporate customers will remain suspended, Deloitte said.

Comet was forced to call in the administrators last Friday after its owners failed to turn the struggling business round.

Shops remain open as usual.
'Paid in full'

Deloitte said it was "necessary to temporarily suspend the acceptance of gift cards as a means for payment in order to allow the joint administrators time to assess the financial position of the company and collate information about the quantity, value and nature of gift cards in circulation.

"Having now had the opportunity to do so, we are very pleased to inform Comet customers that the company will be able to accept gift cards which have been purchased and paid for in full by members of the public."

It added that gift cards issued by the charity Family Fund, one of which was rejected by a Comet store in Plymouth last week, would also be honoured.

The company also said it needed more time to establish whether vouchers issued by corporate customers had been fully paid for.

The electricals retailer has been been hit by the drop in consumer spending during the economic downturn, which has been particularly acute in the case of the big items that Comet sells.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:45 pm 
Information Mine

suzy wrote:
Did tweet Angie and was asked if I would tweet to ask people to stop giving instore staff abuse :( that got RT'd over and over so hopefully I am getting message out and the Section 75 was RT'd.

Thats great Suzy, how did you get on with the tweets? :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Angie Plant wrote:
suzy wrote:

Thats great Suzy, how did you get on with the tweets? :)

Yeh, got the message out I think :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 am 
Site Admin

Angie Plant wrote:
Well, this is good news but who do they mean by corporate customers? Will this be hamper and voucher companies they are refering to?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20228579

Comet gift vouchers reinstated

The administrators of the electrical retailer Comet have said gift vouchers bought by members of the public can once again be used at stores, two days after suspending them.

But vouchers issued on behalf of corporate customers will remain suspended, Deloitte said.

Comet was forced to call in the administrators last Friday after its owners failed to turn the struggling business round.

Shops remain open as usual.
'Paid in full'

Deloitte said it was "necessary to temporarily suspend the acceptance of gift cards as a means for payment in order to allow the joint administrators time to assess the financial position of the company and collate information about the quantity, value and nature of gift cards in circulation.

"Having now had the opportunity to do so, we are very pleased to inform Comet customers that the company will be able to accept gift cards which have been purchased and paid for in full by members of the public."

It added that gift cards issued by the charity Family Fund, one of which was rejected by a Comet store in Plymouth last week, would also be honoured.

The company also said it needed more time to establish whether vouchers issued by corporate customers had been fully paid for.

The electricals retailer has been been hit by the drop in consumer spending during the economic downturn, which has been particularly acute in the case of the big items that Comet sells.

Not sure if they are accepting Love 2 Shop vouchers or if it is solely Comet gift cards. Will need to check that out!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:05 am 
Site Admin

Comet not accepting Love 2 Shop at the minute! This may change and I will keep you informed.